Re: DownConverter Fromula needed!!

Hi Nick,

The IF multiplication chain of x3 then x 2 doesn't make sense to me.

However, here's an educated guess as to the formula you need:

1.  Generic
===========
OUT = IN - 12 x LO

2.  144MHz IF, using 96MHz crystal for LO
OUT = IN - 12 x 96
    = IN - 1152

eg   1296.8MHz will appear as a non-inverted signal at 144.8MHz

3.  28MHz IF, using 105.66MHz crystal for LO
OUT = IN - 12 x 96
    = IN - 1267.92

eg   1296.8MHz will appear as a non-inverted signal at 28.88MHz

Note:  By "non-inverted signal", I mean that an USB signal on 1.2GHz will
be presented as an USB signal at the IF of 28MHz or 144MHz.

I hope this is of some use to you.

73 Chris vk6kch