Re: Live Satellite QSO digipeaters

GOod point.  Yes, I would only be asking for while it is in digital mode.
I too apprecitate the analog birds.  Thanks for the reminder...

Bob

On Sun, 19 Dec 1999, Jon Ogden wrote:

> on 12/19/99 2:13 PM, Bob Bruninga at bruninga@nadn.navy.mil wrote:
>
> > YES, but if we asked and showed them the need, its a simple matter to flip
> > the switch to ON...  I had not realized they put it into digital mode
> > these days.  This is good news!
>
> FO-29 is on a rotating schedule.  Sometimes it is an SSB bird, sometimes a
> digital bird and sometimes all it does is "TALK" via the digitalker.
>
> It will be off of digital starting today (19th) I believe and won't be back
> on digital until next month if I am correct.
>
> Please, let's not encourage the JARL to permanently make this a digital
> bird.  For those of us who enjoy the challenge of Low Earth SSB, the loss of
> this bird would be devastating.  There are MANY digital LEOs.  There are 3
> SSB LEOs (RS-15 doesn't work too well so I won't count it).
>
> We could have them turn the digi on during the time it's in JD mode, but
> that would not make it reliable all the time for APRS.
>

> 73,
>
> Jon
> KE9NA
>
> --
> Jon Ogden
> KE9NA
>
> http://www.qsl.net/ke9na

APRSdos REPLY/COMMENT:

Reply mail addr:   wb4apr@amsat.org
US mail address:   115 old Farm Ct, Glen Burnie, MD 21060
See DAYTON97 HISTORY:    http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/dayton.html
See Maryland APRS LIVE:  http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/aprs.html
See GPS on ANY radio:    http://www.tapr.org/tapr/html/mic-e.html