Re: Live Satellite QSO digipeaters

on 12/19/99 2:13 PM, Bob Bruninga at bruninga@nadn.navy.mil wrote:

> YES, but if we asked and showed them the need, its a simple matter to flip
> the switch to ON...  I had not realized they put it into digital mode
> these days.  This is good news!

FO-29 is on a rotating schedule.  Sometimes it is an SSB bird, sometimes a
digital bird and sometimes all it does is "TALK" via the digitalker.

It will be off of digital starting today (19th) I believe and won't be back
on digital until next month if I am correct.

Please, let's not encourage the JARL to permanently make this a digital
bird.  For those of us who enjoy the challenge of Low Earth SSB, the loss of
this bird would be devastating.  There are MANY digital LEOs.  There are 3
SSB LEOs (RS-15 doesn't work too well so I won't count it).

We could have them turn the digi on during the time it's in JD mode, but
that would not make it reliable all the time for APRS.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

--