Live Satellite QSO digipeaters

This brings the number of potential "live" digipeating satellites for
real-time UI packet QSO's (or APRS mobile position /status reporting) to
FOUR.  This means 20 passes a day.  Thus, anyone contemplating
the need for live satelite communications from any remote site on the
globe should not overlook these ON-ORBIT assets....

Especially since now there is a SOUND CARD uplink modem!  If you have a
laptop and a 2m FM radio, you CAN GET YOUR MESSAGE OUT... ANYWHERE.

------------  On Sun, 19 Dec 1999 kb2wqm@juno.com wrote:

> I've been playing around with fo-29's 1200 baud PSK mailbox. I've been
> able to connect 100% to  8j1jcs-1and 8j1jcs , but it isn't obvious to me
> on how to post a message....
> Also, no, WB4APR, the digi function doesn't seem to be operational.
>
> 73 Jeff kb2wqm
YES, but if we asked and showed them the need, its a simple matter to flip
the switch to ON...  I had not realized they put it into digital mode
these days.  This is good news!

de WB4APR, Bob