Re: Tuning conundrum

Food for thought.........
Whatever you do is wrong, at least in somebody's mind. Lets take a common
sense approach and I am just talking to the QSO that happens to be on X
satellite......... If you change the uplink frequency regardless if high
or low you also changing the poor fellows receive on the other end. Fun,
isn't it ???. Now to the pro it does not matter much, he can follow
without loosing too much of the QSO. But the hapless "newbie" who has a
hard enough time to figure out what is going on, really gets messed up.
So, as far as I am concerned I WILL ADJUST MY RECEIVE ONLY. And most of
the world is doing the same. They can not all be wrong. Now, I have
queried AMSAT about 18 month ago to find out what the proper procedure is
in that regard and was told THERE IS NONE AT THIS TIME. Anyway regardless
of how you slice the apple, use common sense. Most satellites are so
underused that little bit of drift does not matter most of the time. 73
and MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you. MELE KALIKIMAKA as we say here on the
Islands. Peter, NH6VB. AMSAT area coordinator, Hawaii.