Re: Mime-Version: 1.0

on 12/15/99 8:39 PM, Rich at cranger@jps.net wrote:

> Boy I would wish that someone would come up with a standard that EVERYONE
> would use for the sats.

There is.  But just like politics or sports or whatever, everyone has their
own opinion about how to do stuff.

Actually, as I have learned the guy you tried to talk to was doing it the
best way.  Now what he should have done when you couldn't keep up with him
was to kill his computer program and go to manual control.  Nothing says you
have to keep the program running.

But in the absence of a computer tuning on both sides, please people, please
let's do what all the books say: TUNE THE HIGHER OF THE TWO FREQUENCIES
regardless of whether its uplink or downlink.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

--