Re: 12.2 GHZ Primestar dishes

On Tue, 14 Dec 1999, Steven J Adams wrote:

> ... under the old rules, 10.5 to 12.7 GHz was unavailable for unlicensed use.

Too bad.  Unless I slipped a digit, a 1 milliwatt transmitter could
deliver a 30 MHz TV signal or 10 Mbit digital signal to a Primestar dish
receiver over about 4 miles LINE OF SIGHT away...  Or with two dishes
pointed at each other, 0.1 Microwatt...

Wow, is that true?  I wonder what the leakage is on the Local Oscillator?

Bob