Full Moon

I saw this today and thought it would be of interest.  I can't vouch for
the accuracy of it but here it is.

--
73, Roy

Internet: w0sl@amsat.org

22 DECEMBER

  This year will be the first full moon to occur on the winter solstice,
Dec.22, commonly called the first day of winter. Since a full moon on the
winter solstice occurred in conjunction with a lunar perigee (point in the
moon's orbit that is closest to Earth) The moon will appear about 14%
larger than it does at apogee (the point in it's elliptical orbit that is
farthest from the Earth) since the Earth is also several million miles
closer to the sun at this time of the year than in the summer, sunlight
striking the moon is about 7% stronger making it brighter.
Also, this will be the closest perigee of the Moon of the year since the
moon's orbit is constantly deforming. If the weather is clear and there is
a snow
cover where you live, it is believed that even car headlights will be
superfluous.

On December 21st. 1866 the Lakota Sioux took advantage of this combination
of
occurrences and staged a devastating retaliatory ambush on soldiers in the
Wyoming Territory. ::::::::In laymen's terms it will be a super bright
full moon, much more than the usual AND it hasn't happened this way for 133
years!

 Our ancestors 133 years ago saw this. Our descendants 100 or so years from
now will see this again. I hope someone else might find this interesting!
Remember this will happen December 22, 1999.....