RE: Primestar

> As far as I know the "mini dish" receivers work at around 18gig.  I don't
> think that the receivers would be suitable for either 10 or 24 gig but I
> might be wrong.

Primestar shouldn't really be considered a minidish, because it uses a regular
communications sat, however even if it was, the downlinks of the minidish sats
are in the 12.2-12.7 GHz band, while the regular Ku sats like the one Primestar
uses are 11.7-12.2 GHz.   The output of the LNBs for both minidish and regular
TVRO are in the 950-1450 MHz range, which is the frequency that the receivers
use, but the receivers are not likely to be useful. The regular Ku sats have
uplinks in the 14 GHz range... I "assume" the DBS uplinks are near that too.
For more info on the downlink freqs go to http://www.lyngsat.com/america.shtml
.
Anyway, I'm not aware of any 19 GHz frequencies involved.