AO-27 Transatlantic QSO

Many thanks to Luther, W4FIX, for my first Transatlantic QSO on AO-27.
Fairly weak signals here but absolutely clear. Not bad at all for using
his HH with the Arrow yagi on that cliff top :)

Apologies to Joe, N1ZBK. I heard you call but I was losing the bird fast
by then so maybe we can try again on another suitable pass.

Also heard was a KA (didn't write down the whole callsign).

Much clearer than when the bird is over Europe and some people are using
it for gossiping right through the pass - unless the bird is capturing
some FM activity where it shouldn't even be in the band.

Equipment used here:
IC-821H running just under 10W. 9el Tonna uplink and 19el Tonna downlink
- both vertical polarisation).  70cm preamp built in my 70cm linear (not
the ideal place for it I know!)  Some trees and buildings partially
obstructing the path.

Range about 2700Km and elevation about 6deg.

Thanks to Joe and Luther for arranging the sked.
John  M1BTR  (Lincolnshire, England)
  QRV 6m 4m 2m 70cm 3cm   Member: BATC RIG RSGB UKRS