AO-27 Transatlantic QSO

Many thanks to Luther, W4FIX, for my first Transatlantic QSO on AO-27.
Fairly weak signals here but absolutely clear. Not bad at all for using
his HH with the Arrow yagi on that cliff top :)

Apologies to Joe, N1ZBK. I heard you call but I was losing the bird fast
by then so maybe we can try again on another suitable pass.

Also heard was a KA (didn't write down the whole callsign).

Much clearer than when the bird is over Europe and some people are using
it for gossiping right through the pass - unless the bird is capturing
some FM activity where it shouldn't even be in the band.

Equipment used here:
IC-821H running just under 10W. 9el Tonna uplink and 19el Tonna downlink
- both vertical polarisation).  70cm preamp built in my 70cm linear (not
the ideal place for it I know!)  Some trees and buildings partially
obstructing the path.

Range about 2700Km and elevation about 6deg.

Thanks to Joe and Luther for arranging the sked.
John  M1BTR  (Lincolnshire, England)
--
  m1btr@midmarsh.demon.co.uk
  QRV 6m 4m 2m 70cm 3cm   Member: BATC RIG RSGB UKRS