Re: Sorry, Off topic info needed. Linux.

At 18:29 1999-12-08 , Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL wrote:

>Sorry for this off topic message.
>
>I have an old, seldom used 486DX notebook with 8 MB ram and 260 MB HD. It
>doesn't have a CD rom drive. I'd like to put Linux on it. Does anyone know
>where to get info on installation procedures for installing Linux on
>computers without CD ROM drives?
>
>Does Instantrack work with the Linux 0/S?
>
>Tnx 73

Well this is a perfect example of using a zip drive. That is what I use with my
lap top. I don't even use the floppy any more. Ask around your friends and see
who has one that you might borrow from them!!!

73, Bill N4XEO

E- Mail        mailto:n4xeo@amsat.org
home page: http://www.qsl.net/n4xeo
F.A.D.C.A.: http://www.fcrosby.com/fadca