Re: Proper Ops?

Richard,

At 05:07 PM 12/8/99 -0800, Rich wrote:

>On the Sats isn't it proper only to tune the receive signal or downlink and
>not the uplink.
>
>I thought that by tuning the uplink you would cover up someone else.
>
>I have always tune the receive to correct the Doppler
>
>Been talking to myself on FO-20 and FO-29  any good freq to listen to
>or try an up link to ??????

It depends on which bird you're working.  Mode J birds, with a 2M up link,
and 70cm down link, would require, if following convention, the op to tune
the receive.

On a mode B bird, such as AO10, which has a 70cm up link and a 2M down
link, you would tune the transmit frequency.

Most successful operators tune the HIGHER frequency, whichever it might be.

I hope this helps, and I hope to work you on the FO birds. They are usually
busy, but FO29 has not been in analog mode much lately, so ops are not used
to working it, and forget to look at pass predictions.

The FO20 passes are SO early right now, both morning and evening, many of
the usual operators are having trouble working them.  I will be on the
early morning pass tomorrow if you want to make a contact.

73, Mike

                                        __\/__
  |  P  | |f|   * I.S. Professional .............. Computer Consultant *
  |  3  |=|d|   * AO10,  AO27,  FO20, FO29,  RS13, RS15, MIR?, SO35,   *
  |  D  | |j|   * UO22, KITSAT,  APRS, SSTV,  ATV,  MS,  E&F Layers.   *
  |     | | |   *    Bringing Oscar demos to the Lee County Schools.   *
                                   .oooO   (   )
                                     \_)