Re: RS12/13

Thanks to all that replied. For Jeremy and others that would like to see
that answers, I list the replies below.

----- Original Message -----
From: Jeremy Cowgar - KB8LFA <kb8lfa@amsat.org>
To: ATVQ <atvq@hampubs.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 1999 2:48 PM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] RS12/13

> I heard RS13 the beacon last night (located in Akron, Ohio) and would like
> to try working it tonight. If you hear any information as to USB/LSB can
you
> notify me also, if it does not get posted to the list?
>
> Thank You, and maybe I'll see you on there, or maybe you'll hear me with
any
> luck :-)
>
> Jeremy - KB8LFA@amsat.org

********************************************************** Answers
***********

Hi Gene,

USB for both the up and down links.

Check for the beacon at ~29.457.

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649
Local Area Coordinator
"A closed mouth gathers no feet."

The RS-13 transponder does not invert, so whatever you send up comes down
the same, translated to a different band.  Since all downlink frequencies
are above 10mhz, by convention, as for terrestrial, most ops use USB.
However, that is merely convention.  It is perfectly permissible to use
LSB, but the listeners will be listening for USB.

73 de Brian W3BW

Did you get a satisfactory answer?  I am going by memory on this.  RS12 is
a NON inverting satellite which means if you put in USB then you get out
USB.  The convention is to use USB on the downlink so I would start with
both up and downlinks on USB.  Cliff K7RR

Thanks again everyone.

Gene Harlan - WB9MMM
OSCAR Satellite Report
 ATVQ@hampubs.com