'soundmodem' 1200 PSK downlink? [was "AO16/LO19/IO26 APRS QSO Party, Results"]

    Now all we need is someone to write the 1200 baud PSK downlink modem in
    software for a sound card, and then these 9 year old satellites will be
    VERY USABLE again... for amateur mobile digital communications.

I would like someone to elmer me through that process for LINUX.  I already
have a test bed for 'soundmodem' drivers, so i don't have to tests things at
the kernel level if i don't want to (even if that is the mode i'm used to).
I've done much more with sound synthesis algorithms than analysis, but the
concepts are familiar to me.  Please write me if you (or someone you know)
can help me get this going.