Windows CE Tracking

Thanks to all who responded to my request for info on the Instant Track Y2K
patch.

Several asked how I track using a Windows CE handheld PC. The key component
is a DOS emulator program called XT-CE. It emulates an 8 mHz XT with CGA
graphics. A 75 mHz CE machine is a required minimum to run XT-CE. XT-CE is
available from http://www.xt-ce.com for $40 US. I run Quiktrak in CGA color
graphics mode and Instant Track in text mode. It works well but is slow. My
machine, a Sharp Mobilon 4700 runs at the minimum speed of 75 mHz. My CE
machine has a built-in modem so I can download Keps directly from the
Internet.

Now if only I could find a Y2K patch for Quiktrak.

73 de Don KC4YRT