Digital Elevation Indicator

Howdy,

Paul, W1GHZ posted this to WSVHF and I thought it would be of interest here.

=============
I recently added a very simple digital elevation indicator to my
10 GHz flyswatter antenna, and see no reason it shouldn't work
well for an EME array as well as microwave antennas.  pictures at
http://www.qsl.net/n1bwt

the unit is a Winegard "Digital Magic", intended for TVRO, with
a two-digit readout and a small waterproof remote sensor.  probably
accurate enough for most antennas.  I got mine from Stark Electronic
in Worcester, MA, but I'll bet one of you can find it cheaper.

don't know how well it stands up to serious RF, but no problems with
600 watts at 144.

thanks to WB1FKF for finding this thing.

73
paul