Re: launch option??

 Andrew Reynolds writes:

>  I see that Boeing is thinking of making the first flight of their new
> Delta 4 booster a demo flight. This flight, which would take place in
> 2001, would be either a 7,800-10,000 kg. payload to LEO, or a 4,800-
> 6,600 kg. payload to GTO.
>  Can we hope that someone in AMSAT is chasing this one down?????

Sure thing. We're about to send out the begging letters for P3E finance.
Or 6.4 tonnes of concrete and a super APRS bird. (I'll gladly pay for the
concrete)

Seriously though, I'm sure most of the Amsats would *love* to put something
on the flight ... but, post-P3D, where would we get the money from ?

I guess you could call it funding fatigue.

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org
FOC # 1188