Using relays or toggle switches with rf?

Hi,

My rig, an FT-847, makes it very easy to break into the receive rf line from
the antenna switching to make a "no smoke" receive converter input.  I had
been planning on bring out two BNC jacks, and then use an eternal rf switch
to either loop back for normal operation or input from the rx converter.
However, I was wondering if I can get away with using something much simpler
such as a toggle switch or simple relay to switch the rf?  Relatively
mundane relays are used for various rf switching, even up at 70 cm.  I am
looking at the < 30 MHz input, with only receive power levels.

Alan
WA4SCA