Converter Protection

This past week, I fried a Drake 2.4GHz converter.  I was listenting for
UO-11 (nothing heard) and was distracted by a phone call.  When I came back
to the rig, an FT-736, I got on 2m FM and made a couple of calls.  I
discovered the 2m side was still on the converter and I had put about 25
watts up the coax.  I'm presuming the Drake is toast.  What are other folks
doing to 'fail safe' their gear to prevent inadvertent RF from getting in a
mastmount converter.  I looking at the Parabolic 2.4GHz converter when P3D
is lauched so I don't want to repeat this episode.

You thoughts and suggestions???

Tom Webb, WA9AFM