Re: Soundcard Decoder for UO-11?

I am also very interested in this.  Have been hoping that some one
would produce a program similar to HamCom but using a sound card
instead of the usual interface, and including facilities for
demodulating UO-11.

Laura's suggestion about writing a simple program is a good idea.  I
wonder if there is any WELL DOCUMENTED source code for a sound card
based 1200 baud packet modem, which could be suitably modified. If so
I would like to have a go!

I have a G3RUH decoder, which runs fine with a modern computer.  Just
two wires to serial port RXD and GND.  Printed circuit boards were
originally sold by AMSAT-UK, but AFAIK they are no longer available.
The decoder is still used by the UoS for ground control, and there
was also a commercial version manufactured for educational establishments.

There is quite a lot of information about decoding UO-11 on my web
site, in file u2hw.zip.  This includes details about using old
telephone modems, circiuts for simple modems, and use of the Hamcom
type interface.

URL www.users.zetnet.co.uk/clivew/

--
73