Anyone using a Mac for radio/rotor/tracking?

I recently ordered a Mac G4/400 to replace my Windoze machine I have been
using for tracking (Nova) and rotor control (FODtrack / G-5400B).

I plan to use MacdopplerPro with some sort of serial-port-to-G5400B interface.
The Yaesu GS-232 is a bit too pricey.
The Endeavour AutoTracker would seem to do the job, but I'd like to home-brew
something at this point.

Does anyone know of a QST / 73 construction article describing such an
interface?

I would also like comments from anyone using the
Macintosh / MacDopplerPro / Endeavour / G-5400B / FT-847 combination on the
digi sats.

Thanks,

Bill Howell
N5ALO