Re: Competition for 147.585

Brian,
 I've known ham nets to meet every week, in preparation for emergency
ops, and then discuss just about anything. The idea isn't what they
talk about in the "non-emergency" meetings, but to keep everyone up
to date and interested in being there when it hits the fan, so to speak.
Given the way that people move onto different frequencies, I can
understand, in a way, their response. Our local repeater had a problem
several years back with another group setting up on an "unoccupied"
pair, then objected when we tried to point out to them that we'd had
a machine in operation there for several years!
 As for the threats, well, all I can say is bad manners seem to be a
spreading problem in all society

Later,
Andy
WD9IYT