Re: Palmtop help, but AMSAT related...

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999 18:27:53 EST, KB8QIR@aol.com wrote:

> A friend of mine has a, HP95lx palmtop computer and a Psion3 palmtop computer
> that we would like to try to use for mobile satellite tracking. However we do
> not have any of the information as to connecting either one of these units to
> a desktop computer for software transfer.

For the 95LX you can use REALSKED which is available on the Palmtop Network
at http://www.palmtop.net in the 95LX section. You need the serial cable or
the 95LX and using a terminal program on the desktop it is quite simple to
connect to the LX and tranfer files. Another suggestion for the LX is to
simply load the software onto a SRAM card on a notebook the take the card
and place it in the LX and you're done :) Let me know if you need any help
and I suggest that while you are at palmtop.net you subscribe to the HPLX-L
mailing list. I am one of the curators of the S.U.P.E.R. (simply unbeatable
palmtop esentials repository) on palmtop.net so let me know if you need any
additional help. BTW, if you go the card route, the 95LX needs SRAM not
flash. I sent my last SRAM card to Scott VE6ITV and you can find them on
eBay at a fair price.

73 de Jeff via a HP200LX

           ---- Jeff Johns W4JEF - Reserve Patrol Captain ----
           ---    Jefferson County Sheriff's Department    ---
           ---           Birmingham, Alabama USA           ---
           ---  Finger jeffj@scott.net for my PGP RSA Key  ---