Re: Meteor Scatter up and running.

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999 09:05:35 -0500 (EST), someone wrote:

>> ... I am running 160 watts into a 14 ELE KLM at 45 deg elevation,
>> pointed E-NE from El Paso.  Unfortunately, my KAM+ will only beacon
>> every minute.  My unproto is set to DM61rt,... on 147.585,

My station is on the air as well.  Running APRSDos, beaconing in
scatter mode from EN10kt, since late last night.  Running 80 watts on
147.585 to a 17-el Cushcraft boomer beaming about 75 degrees (northeast
US).  I'm barely inside area 4, so it's transmitting on the last
quarter-minute.  The station will be in continuous operation, probably
through tomorrow evening, except for when I take it down to work voice
scatter.

If I don't have any luck, I may point down at Texas for a bit...  :-)

For the mildy curious: APRSDos844 is running in an OS/2 Warp 4.0 DOS
window on an IBM PS/2 Server 95 8595-xQx.  I love "obsolete"
technology.....

--
Jim Shorney                                          -->.<--Put complaints in this box
jshorney@inebraska.com