Re: TMSAT1 TMSATS

 "Kazu Sakamoto, JJ1WTK" writes:

> According to my capture log, TMSAT tonight has a new name TMSATS as the ax.25
> callsign. In Japan, until the daytime path 04z today, the bird was TMSAT1.

It was a long time ago but I think I heard that when they use a different
(still not properly tested) IHU the callsign changes.

> you'd have some luck if you change the broadcast callsign of TMSAT
> to TMSATS-11 from TMSAT1-11.

I think the message saying it was a different IHU also said DO NOT TRANSMIT
to this callsign - it is experimental and any transmission might interfere
with the command station. Once the other IHU has been properly tested it
will use the "normal" callsign; the reason for the different callsign is so
that automatic stations will *not* transmit.

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org
FOC # 1188