KCT DIP switches & FT-847?

Hi,

I am checking out an old KCT board with an FT-847, and am wondering about
the correct setting to the last 2 dip switches.  The original docs talk
about setting them when using TTL with the FT-736, but is silent about using
RS-232 levels, which the KCT supplies with the correct chips.  A recent
document about interfacing to the new radio (author unknown) says to install
the chips for RS-232 levels and also set the switches on for non-inverted
output, as with the instructions for the FT-736 at TTL levels.  I am curious
if anyone knows whether the switch matters in this case?

Alan
WA4SCA