Re: WISP32 tracking inaccurracy.

Hi Reid,

"Reid Bristor, Sr. Consultant" wrote:

> Yes I did the Redo Schedule many times, but didn't make any difference. NOt
> sure why it has these problems. The machine set to UTC for time and both
> versions display the GMT time correctly and there using the same time.

I don't think this will be the problem, but WiSP32 takes it's time from the
Windows95/98 Time Zone selection.  It is important that if you are using
the Windows GMT time that you select GMT-Monrovia Casablanca which does not
have daylight time shift changes.  The GMT-Dublin London etc. time zone
selection does have that change.  Again this is probably not the problem,
but just in case....

> This problem is on a system running Windows 98. NOt sure there might be a
> problem there, but thought I saw other people running it on Windows 98
> with no problem.

I am running it on Windows98 with no problems.

> Haven't tried it on my Windows NT 4.0 to see if ther is any problems. It just
> seems as though WISP32 is unable to calculate correctly.

The only problem I knof here is that the WISP32 KCT driver, RR.DLL, is not
NT compatible.

> Especially since
> I compared WISP against Instantrack and they were very close and the birds
> show up within the range of what they state. May be I can try and give an
> example of what they both display someone might see something obvious.

Another thing to chack against is with another WiSP32 user on the same
pass.  You can check the calculated Lat/Long of the Sub Satellite point at
the same time to see if there is agreement there.  This would confirm it
one way or the other.

How do you have your Lat/Long entered?  WiSP32 allows you to specify
West/East and North/South.  The entries should be positive numbers in all
cases.  Are you on the map where you really are?

--
73, Roy

Internet: w0sl@amsat.org