Re: Leonids MS Packet tests

On Sat, 6 Nov 1999, Richard Parry wrote:

> When you say, "We will post it on the AMSAT BB when we hammer it out" who
> are "we". The "propnet" folks say the freq. is 147.585, are they part of
> your "we"?

Yes, 147.585 sounds good, but there were objections from people with
high gain beams tuned for 144 that makes them useless at 147..  And high
gain is what is needed... for MS.  Thats why I could see potential for
some  arguing for a while..

Im just gonna wait and see after the dust settles...

Bob

>   At 07:53 PM 11/6/99 -0500, Bob Bruninga wrote:
> >As you may have read in QST, the Leonids offers a good opportunity to see
> >if you can bounce some 2m packets off of a meteor.  Many APRS stations
> >will be operating overnight (Wee hours of 18 Nov) on a dedicated
> >experimental 2m frequency to see how many APRS position reports can get
> >pinged off of the meteors.
> >
> >Previous APRS Mscatter tests have resulted in a few dozen reports of
> >packet paths of 600 to 1200 miles in length...  TO be successful, you
> >usually need a modest beam.  If you want to join the fun, start making
> >preps.  As usual, a controversy rages over choosing a frequency, but that
> >will settle down as the time approaches.  We will post it on the AMSAT BB
> >when we hammer it out.
> >
> >de WB4APR, Bob
> >

> >----

> Rich Parry, W9IF - Qualcomm, Inc. Globalstar User Terminal System Test

APRSdos REPLY/COMMENT:

Reply mail addr:   wb4apr@amsat.org
US mail address:   115 old Farm Ct, Glen Burnie, MD 21060
See DAYTON97 HISTORY:    http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/dayton.html
See Maryland APRS LIVE:  http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/aprs.html
See GPS on ANY radio:    http://www.tapr.org/tapr/html/mic-e.html