Re: WISP32 tracking inaccurracy.

Yes I did the Redo Schedule many times, but didn't make any difference. NOt
sure why it has these problems. The machine set to UTC for time and both
versions display the GMT time correctly and there using the same time. This
problem is on a system running Windows 98. NOt sure there might be a
problem there, but thought I saw other people running it on Windows 98
with no problem.

Haven't tried it on my Windows NT 4.0 to see if ther is any problems. It just
seems as though WISP32 is unable to calculate correctly. Especially since
I compared WISP against Instantrack and they were very close and the birds
show up within the range of what they state. May be I can try and give an
example of what they both display someone might see something obvious.

All time parameters required by both programs match identically yet WISP32
is having this problem. I am also running this test on an AMD k6-3, at 400mhz.
Might this be a problem? I'll experiment some more to see if I can trace down
a particular difference between the 2. Was just hoping that some others may
have seem this problem.

At 12:30 PM 11/07/1999 +0000, Roy Welch wrote:
 >Did you "Redo Schedule" after you updated the keps?  They will eventually
 >update as new items are added to the schedule, but the old schedule entries
 >may still be from the previous keps.  I find no significant difference
 >between the WiSP16, WiSP32 and IT.
 >
 >"Reid Bristor, Sr. Consultant" wrote:
 >>
 >> I have recently installed the WSIP32 and noticed a problem with the
accurracy
 >> (or lack there of) when tracking satellites. If I compare it to the WSIP16
 >> version
 >> it appears to be off by not only about 5 minutes in AOS and LOS times,
 >> but also in the azimuth and elevation values. As a result, it is not
accurate
 >> enough to use.
 >>
 >> When comparing WISP16 to Instantrack, the 2 (WISP16 & Instantrack) are
 >> very close in their predictions. I checkd to make sure the keps were
 >> up-to-date
 >> and in fact made sure both WISPS were using the same keperlian sets. I
 >> thought copying over the WISP16 WISP.KEP might be a problem and ran
 >> the update on the external kep file to make sure. I also checked and made
 >> sure my station values were set correct, such as elevation, latitude and
 >> longitude, etc.
 >>
 >> Anyone with any ideas??
 >>
 >> Reid Bristor
 >> Bristor Associates