Radio Shack SW radio for downlink monitor?

Hi folks,

    I was looking at trying to use a Radio Shack SW radio with BFO for
listening to the downlink of the RS satellites. Will this radio be good
enough to do this?

    Also was looking at using it with a receive converter for the monitoring
of the downlinks of other satellites, but wasn't sure about it since it
doesn't have a dedicated LSB/USB switching, just a BFO control and I am not
sure if that control can adjust for different side bands.

    Have used it to monitor ham HF activity on various bands using the BFO so
it appears to operate on either side band (U/L) as I can tune in stations on
40meters LSB and 10metersUSB, etc...

    Was looking at using transverters on my HTX-100 for uplinks
(FO-20,FO-29,etc...) and was hoping to use this SW radio as a downlink
receiver since the downlinks are LSB and my HTX-100 is USB only...

73's Jake,KB8QIR