Loss of Satellite Feed on Wisdom Channel

The end of November will mark the end of our W0KIE feed on the Wisdom
Channel (GE-1). Wisdom is moving towards more digital signal processing
and requires the audio subcarrier that we have been using.

We will have a special final Houston AMSAT Net on November 30, 1999 at
8PM CST for 30 minutes to mark the end of our satellite feed.

However, all is not lost. We are working on securing another C-Band satellite
feed and I think we will have it in time to do our first net in December. Why is
this important??? The December 7th Houston AMSAT Net will mark our
300th net over satellite. Yes, it has been that long. We are planning a
special net for this one with live interviews with several special people in the
satellite community. You won't want to miss this net.

Stay tuned for further information on the our new satellite feed.

73...bruce
Producer, Houston AMSAT Net

Houston, Texas                                or: kk5do@houston.rr.com
AMSAT Area Coordinator
Houston AMSAT Net - Tuesday, 8PM CDT on GE-1 (W1), T12, 5.7MHz at 103 deg