R: [amsat-france] Re: Off-topic ??

Tres bien Jean-Louis,

I certainly didn't catch all the sense of your message also because it was
buried in a moltitude of nonsense messages around the relfector. People that
asks a million other people which cable to use, connectors, the gain of a
1meter dish in 144 Mhz....Perhaps the only answer would be just buy the ARRL
handbook and read it!  And more, they should put away their computer's
keyboard for a while and grab a solder iron...

Well, you have all my approval for what you did.  I am one of those too
fuzzy brained too and started EME in 23cm a little time ago.  I am receiving
only at present but I will be transmitting soon.  I believe very weak
signals are that thing that distinguish a Radio Ham from a phone-user... Ok
It's a bit drastic, there are certainly many viable middle ways too but the
juice of the diuscussion remains the same.

I suggest you very strongly to go to:
www.freeyellow.com:8080/members/padan
and download the HAM221 software.  I found it fantastic. It's totally free
and it works like AF9Y software but additionally it gives you back the
filtered sound to the speaker!
Its FFT algorithm makes it even better than the AF9Y package in terms of
detection.
You can also listen and filter pre-recorded .wav files like you would be in
front of your receiver.  I used it live during the last EME contest  with
the radio tuned on the 2.4 KHz wide filter and the computer did the rest. In
my opinion is better than any other DSP filter I used before. If you press
'R' you will also record while you listen live on your HD, filters will be
bypassed so you can do the filtering in a second time.  Try it and let me
know what you think.  If you have troubles to get to the address above just
stick I2PHD in a search engine (the author) and you shall get there quickly.
The program has some limitations like:  you need to have a true S.Blaster or
an hardware compatible one and some old graphic cards won't work.  I phoned
the author and he said he will be releasing a beta windows version soon
whose will solve all these compatibility issues.
Try it on the files you saved and let me know what you think!

Keep working on the moon, the virus got you!

Au revoir, a bien tot

Sergio