Re: palm pilot vx or visor

Make sure you go with the serial port if you purchase one of these. That
is if you ever want to hook one
up to an external tnc or GPS.  I use my Palm pilot to send e-mail to the
Internet via the pacsats, when I'm out on my boat. It also will report
your position using PALMAPRS, when used in conjunction with a GPS.

73 Jeff kb2wqm

On Wed, 3 Nov 1999 21:49:05 -5 "Bruce Paige" <kk5do@AMSAT.Org> writes:
> for those of you that attended the amsat symposium in san diego,
> several of
> the attendees were carrying around palm pilots with a program
> (pilotsat)
> running that tracked the satellites.
>
> well, i ran out and bought a new palm pilot vx with 8meg of ram in
> it. i am
> very happy with it.
>
> but....
> check out http://www.handspring.com
> these or the original makers of the palm pilot and after 3com
> purchased
> them, they left and started another company. the visor is their
> product and lo
> and behold, it runs palm os operating software. they have 2meg
> versions,
> 8meg versions and they also come in color. instead of a serial port
> cradle
> they have usb cradles (serial are available if needed). they also
> come in
> colors and have a port on the back of the unit to attach an option
> card.
>
> price....palm pilot vx sells for anywhere from $425-499 on the
> internet.
> visor 8meg sells for $250 only on the internet.
>
> guess which one i wish i had bought. but not to fret, i am going to
> get one of
> the visors for the xyl and one of the 2meg for my daughter (10 years
> old, she
> loves mine).
>
> 73...bruce

===