RE: Kapton tape

Hope this is what you are looking for:

TECHNICAL DATA

Deer Brand (KA00) Kapton* Polymide Film Tape

UL Recognized Cat. No. KA180

KA00 is a 0.025mm thick Kapton* film, coated with silicon based

thermosetting pressure sensitive adhesive. Outstanding, high temperature

retention of physical and electrical properties.

Application:

For use in high performance electrical applications. Used on high

temperature coils, such as in traction machine manufacturing, in the

production of generators, capacitors, transformers etc. May also be used for

masking off gold contacts on PC boards during the wave soldering process

and during hot air leveling. It is used as insulation material of class H.

Technical Details:

Four Pillars Average Properties , Unit Specification, Test Values

Color - amber amber

Total Thickness mm 0.063+- 0.006 0.063

Tensile Strength kg/1" 14 min. avg. 14

Elongation % 50 min. avg. 50

I THINK that the thermal properties make is more suitable for space
applications.  I have also heard that one side of the tape is slightly
conductive, but don't have information on that.

73

Jeff
wi2t@amsat.org