De: Sergio [mailto:ik2mmb@infotronica.com]
Date: mardi 2 novembre 1999 09:57
A: AMSAT-BB
Objet: R: [amsat-bb] Off-topic ??

Hi Jean,

I'd hate to trim down, even a bit only, your happiness. It is not my intent
but I just need to remind you that EME contacts, like any other contacts,
can and have to be budgeted on the table before going on the air.  That's
the only way to communicate from point A to point B.  Ham station like
IK3MAC and others have approached EME in an absolute 'contest oriented'
mode. Such stations are size-calculated to be able to work standard stations
to generate the maximum score.  IK3MAC, the more famous W5UN, and others
like them have really monster stations. It is a definite proof the fact that
you received those signals even without a preamp and perhaps some 20-25
meters of RG213 in front of your rig.  If you had at least a 100 -150 Watts
amp you could qso for sure.
It seems like their calculations were just about right, ah? Still the moon
is very far but, more than that, it is a very poor reflector.  Keep working
on AO 0.

Best ,

Sergio

Documentaires, series, films,
125 chaines hertziennes, cable, satellite,
Demandez le programme a Voila.
http://pub.club.voila.fr/click/396

Page d'accueil sur Voila Club : http://club.voila.fr/group/amsat-france
http://club.voila.fr - Les listes de diffusion GRATUITES sur le Web