AO-10 QSB Alarm

Been stuck trying to find AO-10 and hear nothing but silence?

I have noted a consistent "alarm" to alert me when AO-10 is coming out of a
deep fade:  a low-volume carrier moves across the passband from high
frequency to low frequency at about 1 Hz.  I have noted by keeping my
downlink tuned to 145.904, I can go about my other business until I hear the
telltale carrier as it travels by this frequency.  The carrier is about 3 dB
above the noise.  Invariably, the next attempt at uplink produces a return.

73,
Jerry