Re: No code

At 09:32 AM 10/27/99 -0400, K3ROJAL@aol.com wrote:

I do not want to get into this code thing, but I cannot believe this guy is
for real.

>If amateur radio operators were to stop using the morse code, there would be
>few contacts on the satellites.

"BULL"   How do you suppose I have contacted 85 countries on satellite
without using code????

>Anyone can pick up an HT or speak into a
>microphone, it is the ability to pick out those weak signals on CW and be
>able to respond that makes a good operator.  There is already a problem when
>working VHF-UHF contests; many stations that are barely audible on SSB don't
>have the ability to switch over and use CW to make that contact with probably
>a new grid section. It is a known fact that learning the morse code increases
>a persons mental reflexes in other areas, especially music.

MUSIC ???  Did not think hams were allowed to play music.

>I say, make it a
>requirement for all amateurs to at least be able to send and receive 13 WPM.

If it is so important, The code exam should be retaken every 6 months.
Bert N7TKO