Re: Phase 3D question

Hello Mike,

food for thought:

PHASE I Basic satellite station:

HF+2M+70cm transceiver with directional vhf/uhf (yagi, cross pol)
antennas with az/el position controllers on a tower, with clear access
to horizon.
a nice rig like the yaesu FT-847 and mast mounted preamplifiers as
needed.
computer with software for tracking satellites and computer control of
the az/el positioner. Access to current satellite Keplerian element
sets.

PHASE II Intermediate satellite station:

1269 Mhz transceiver and antenna capability on same tower. Mast
mounted preamplifier. Low loss feed line. Alternative is a 1.2 Ghz
transverter with a 2M multimode transceiver.

2.4 Ghz transceive capability with with antenna on same tower with low
noise preamplifier and very low loss feedline unless the transverter
is tower mounted.

PHASE III Advanced satellite station:

5.6 Ghz mast (tower) mounted transmit converter with suitable antenna
on the az/el position controller. Probably a 2M IF to a multimode
transceiver in the shack.

10.4 Ghz low noise downlink receive converter with suitable receive
antenna on same az/el positioner and access to horizon.

24 Ghz low noise downlink receive converter on same az/el positioner
with suitable 1' or 2' parabolic dish.

P3D satellite laser downlink receiver for Electro-optical (EO) comms.

PHASE IV catch up for other fun modes:

other mode dependent accessories like slow scan TV, RTTY, PSK31,
BPSK ala VE2IQ's COHERENT/AFRICA programs, key for CW......

Stan, WA1ECF