Re: Sorry for the SPAM but this is pretty important stuff....

On a related subject, does anybody on the list have home DSL service to the
Internet?  Does it interfere with your radios, or do your radios interfere
with it?

This HomePNA business is an ominous development.  However, ham radio and
cable TV have coexisted for a long time.  The cable companies are
responsible for keeping their signals in the cable and ours out.  Not every
individual case has been solved to hams' satisfaction, but we're still here.

Also remember that HF radio still provides worldwide communication for a
great number of hams--and once the CW requirements are lowered or dropped,
I suspect many VHFers will develop an interest in HF.  That will create a
much larger and growing HF constituency.

And consider the cumulative effect on international communications of
hundreds of thousands of low-power HF generators on unshielded wires all
over the HF spectrum.  They will propogate all over the world.  There is
plenty of non-ham HF use in the rest of the world.  I suspect international
regulators, and the FCC will not take kindly to that.

Still, if this technology takes hold, let's hope that shielded cable
becomes the standard  :-)  In today's RF-intensive world, it might be
cheaper in the long run, anyway.

Touch lamps, dimmers, RF-excited flourescent bulbs, and now this.  ARRL
lobbyists, start your engines...

--Peter, KD7MW

At 09:04 AM 10/26/1999 -0500, Kevin, WB5RUE quoted ham radio online thusly: