Re: ICOM 821 out of band mod

I believe the original question was to receive out of band.  Modifying a
radio to receive out of band especially the ones in question is a pretty
wholesome activity.  I have modified several radio to receive the weather
transmitters just above the 2 meter band.  Transmit maybe another story, but
It can be justified as well.  I have modified more than one HF rig for "out
of band transmit".  This allowed me to get that just right frequency to
drive a transverter.

My Opinion Only,
Joe