Effect of Earths Radiation on Satellites

Hi,

I have been trying to correlate the effect of solar eclipses on the
internal temperature of OSCAR-11.  Although the temperature does
follow the average amount of sunshine, there seems to be some other
effect which is also influencing the temperature.  Perhaps the
satellite is spending progresively  different amounts of time over
the hotter or cooler parts of the earth.

James G3RUH and Graham VK5AGR have  mentioned that the Earth's
radiation had a noticeable effect on the temperature of OSCAR-13.  I
just wondered if anyone can suggest any references to the effect of
the earth's IR radiation on satellites.

I'm looking for a simple way to roughly determine the earth's
radiation according to position, time and date.   Any help or
suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

--
73

Clive    G3CWV

         Hitchin, North Hertfordshire, UK.