2 meter SSB stations sought for New England balloon launch

A not too common New England balloon launch is being planned for
November 18 in conjunction with the Rhode Island Rockets for Schools
program.

This will be the third in a series of SkyQuest expendable (it's
lost at sea) instrument payloads with a 2 meter transmitter onboard.
The payload will be sending temperature data in the form of CW and
on-off keyed RTTY.

Because there is a relative scarcity of amateurs with SSB VHF
receivers in the general population and because a balloon's general
interest to the AMSAT community, I'd like to appeal for
2 meter SSB-equipped operators in Rhode Island, eastern
Connecticut, and southern Massachusetts to please get in touch
with me if you can monitor and record the balloon telemetry for
an hour or two Thursday afternoon.

The signals will be heard for a radius of more than 200 miles, but
amateurs in the vicinity of 40 miles from the launch site in
Charlestown, RI will pick up the telemetry a few minutes sooner.

More information about SkyQuest and high-altitude balloons is available
at the HABLIC website.

Hank Riley, N1LTV
SkyQuest New England

   http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/3161/hablic.htm
                                               ^
HABLIC: "All balloon launches, all the time" __|

The web's source for amateur radio high altitude balloon launch
information.