RE: Polarization question...

>My experience strongly suggests you are better off with a pair of linear
>antennas fed in phase than with fixed circular polarity for most of the LEO's
>(RS-13 being the exception).  This is sometimes referred to as "polarity
>diversity," meaning you can hear either one, but could be as much as 3 dB
>down from being perfectly oriented.

Jerry, I have been running my 20 el X Cushcraft beam like this
for about 4 yrs now. I removed the extra phasing line on the one
side and feed them in phase. The beams are not offset on the boom.
Now on the LEOs I am in it the whole pass (as opposed to only half
the pass when I was RHC). I did not notice a beamwidth change and
AO-10 mode B seemed to be unaffected. Thanks for giving it a name :)

John...KD2JF
xlr8@worldnet.att.net