Circ. Polarized antenna question/idea

Hi folks,

    Was looking at some of the various circular polarized antennas on the
market today with a friend who is also looking at getting on the digital
birds and we were discussing antennas and he explained to me about circular
polarization.(HINT: HE IS A ENGINEERING PROFESSOR AT W.V.U.) After our
discussion of how to make a antenna circular polarized I began to thinking
about looking into trying to build a circular polarized 436 quagi based off
of the quagi designs shown on K5OE's web pages and even thought of trying to
build a 145 version also.

    So is there anyone out there that has tried this with or without success?

    As I understand it, the 2 antennas would be of oppsite polarity, verticle
and horizontal, and they would be spaced 1/4wavelength/90degrees apart on the
boom as far as elements.  The feeds would be independent to each polarity,
however a 1/4 wave phassing line would be used to joint the 2 antennas into
one feed and by switching which ant. the phasing line is in-line with would
control the RH/LH polarization factor.

    So since I have phased dual beams in the past for weak signal work I used
1/4 & 3/4 sections of 75ohm coax to make a phasing harness and was thinking
that by using the same 1/4wave section design with equal length 50 coax feeds
from the quagis to a feedpoint control would work in this plan also?

    Any suggestions as to which phase to let lead and which one to let
follow? Verticle before Horizontal or Horizontal before Verticle?

    Any advise or suggestions would be really helpful, except ones that say
just go use the credit card at AES as my WIFE has the credit cards on hold
till after Christmas shopping is over...

73's Jacob Tennant,KB8QIR