Transponder noise and Aurora effects...

Hi All,

      Durind this mornings pass of FO-29 over the atlantic
while in QSO with Tom...WB4FWQ and Jeff...KB2WQM
we all noticed a broadband noise swishing very slowy
thru the passband. I have heard this noise before but
not as strong as today. Anyone have an idea what this
would be? The fact that it was swishing by us might be
contributed to doppler.

    Could not see the Aurora on Long Island probably due
to local lighting. However on the 21:54 EST pass of RS-13
this evening while in QSO with Joe...N2ZHZ I could hear
the effect of the Aurora on my input signal to RS-13 (flutter).

John...KD2JF
xlr8@worldnet.att.net