looking for some software

Not quite on the subject, but I was wondering if anyone here might know
of a shareware/freeware software package that can do circuit board
layouts. I had a couple of projects that I'd like to get going on this
winter and was hoping to find something I could use to make the
pc board layout. I'll be using Windows and an HP laser, so if you've got
one to recommend that is Linux or needs wome sort of plotter, probably
won't be of much use to me.
 Any ideas/suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy
WD9IYT