G-5500 External Control pin out?

Hi,

I just got a G-5500, and being paranoid, decided to check the control
socket.  It turns out that the pins given on page 5 for the External Control
have the Up and Down lines interchanged.  The schematic is correct.  If you
look at the schematic for the CW and CCW switching, you can see what looks
like a last minute correction which interchanges the lines on the way to the
socket.  Nothing for the Up and Down lines.

Anybody else stumble on this?  Also, could somebody tell me what the pin out
for the earlier version was?  I would like to made this consistent, which
requires either a soldering iron or a pen.

Alan
WA4SCA