Drake 2880 Mast mount Question

Has anyone  mounted a Drake 2880 Downconverter on the top of their mast?  I
was wondering  about temperature or humidity problems.  I am going to put
mine in a weatherproof  ABS plastic box with a GAsFET preamp. I was
wondering if a little heat would be advisable in cold weather.  Mine will be
in Northern California. Thanks.

                                        73, Allen Fugelseth WB6RWU
                                              Capitola, Ca.