Re: GMSK Modems

> Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 11:07:01 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Bob Bruninga <bruninga@nadn.navy.mil>
> Subject: [amsat-bb] GMSK Modems
>
> I'm looking for a vendor (commercial) of a general purpose GMSK modem that
> will do from 1200 baud to 300K baud GMSK.  I don't think anything exists,
> off the shelf, but I am sure there are small companies that would build
> one for a price.

AltaVista returns 1589 replies, including:

	A modem chip from MX-COM, CMX589A, that says it supports GMSK from
	4kbps to 200 kbps.
	See http://www.mxcom.com/data_bulletins/db589a-2.pdf

	GMSK Data Products at http://www.gmskdata.co.uk/

	A tutorial at
	http://www.knm.net/~rakbeom/main/cool/research/gmsk/gmsk.html

	Trio Communications might have some technology,
	http://www.trio.com.au/

Plus, there is probably a lot more stuff in the 1500 replies I didn't
look at.

I don't know if all of this stuff is true, but it looks like there may
be some possibilties.

-tjs