Re: OSCAR 10 Observations?

Tony,
In the last week I have been "playing" with the perigee passes when they are
open to Europe from STX (usually early in the AM here), and have been able to
work stations in France, Poland, UK, and Russia with ease.  Using small
antennas and 100 W, I have had signals as strong as 58 and reports as good as
57.  Last night, however, the bird was over South America for about 30
minutes at under 7,000 km and there wasn't a single station to be heard (I
was about as far north as the bird went).
73,
Jerry, K5OE